The Company Sons
A Bluegrass Band
A collective of music veterans, The Company Sons bring some of the finest traditional bluegrass music to the Louisville, Kentucky area. Follow us on Twitter for shows and other updates.
Each member of the band is a multi-instrumentalist and singer with a diverse musical background.
- Barry T. Smith (mandolin, lead vocal) holds a B.A. in Music from UofL. In addition to folk and bluegrass, he is an accomplished classical choral singer and music teacher. More about Barry
- Chris Stewart (fiddle) holds a B.F.A. in Violin from the California Institute of the Arts (CalArts), and he is fluent in a wide array of musical genres. A Kentucky native, Chris recently earned a law degree from the University of Kentucky. Chris on Twitter
- Jeff Guernsey (banjo) is a local legend known for playing with some of the biggest names in country music including Vince Gill. He's one of the most sought-after musicians in the area on many different instruments. Learn about the Jeff Guernsey Conservatory of Music
- Samuel Miller (bass) has played bass and guitar in genres ranging from rock to Southern Gospel for more than 20 years in the Southern Indiana and Louisville region.
- Simon Meurer (guitar) is a pillar of the local bluegrass community and widely known as one of the best flatpickers in the city.
What people think
"Had these guys at our Derby party, and they were fantastic. Can't wait to see them again!" - Jennifer
"You guys were great ... again! Thanks so much for sharing your time and talent with us." - Sharon
Interested in what we sound like? Here are a couple of one-take, field-style recordings for your reference.
Contact The Company Sons
We'd love to hear from you. Contact us in one of these ways.